I think God has a PROBLEM!

Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 by Anthony in
6

There are few things that I can think of that are more aggravating than not being able to sleep. When my daughter was days and weeks old it was pretty hard adjusting to being forced to wake up several times throughout the night because of her crying. I didn't care how cute she was, she was getting on my nerves! She sleeps through the night now but sometimes I have to keep her awake until her bedtime to ensure that she adheres to her schedule and doesn't wake up before time. She HATES that! She doesn't care if I'm playing with her or talking to her, when she's sleepy she's CRANKY! Well, despite her ability to sleep all night now, I haven't slept well in months! Needless to say, it's been pretty aggravating. The frustrating part is I really think it's God's plan that I am so restless right now. To be REALLY honest, I think He wants to share something with me but He has a terrible communication problem...

Before "The Jesus Police" send me to hell for what I just said, let me explain. I know that God knows everything and He is by far the smartest entity in the universe. His power is unlimited and His presence knows no boundaries. So, to imply that He has ANY kind of problem is borderline blasphemy! However, the problem He has lies in us!


The problem is: God must communicate His endless wisdom with our limited minds. 
He plainly tells us in Isaiah 55:9 "...as the heavens are higher than the earth...so are my thoughts higher than your thoughts..." 

Imagine how many thoughts you have in one day. It's impossible to even count them or remember them all. Many times we even have multiple thoughts at one time. Sometimes, I find myself thinking about food, sex, Jesus, money, and Beyonce' all at the same time (lol). Now, imagine how many MORE thoughts God has in one second than you have in a whole day. Then imagine how much higher His thoughts are than yours. The creator of the universe is not sitting around thinking about paying bills, eating, or a new car. His thoughts are HIGHER than ours.

So, as I was praying this morning I sensed God saying to me that since we are often out of touch with our thoughts, He uses our emotions to communicate with us. The truth is, EVERY emotion is connected to our thoughts anyway. You can be totally out of touch with what you're thinking but your emotions will let you know quickly whether you are dwelling on something negative, depressing, exciting, etc. 

What He shared with me this morning was quick and simple. I've been restless because He has been restless. I've been running from this calling to share Him with people and He is agitating me because He is agitated by me. Today, I am to share this simple principle: God is using YOUR emotions to communicate His thoughts about you! He has a hard time getting our attention sometimes, so He uses what DOES have our attention to speak to us!

If your relationship with your boo is on the rocks and you are depressed or stressed by it. IT probably has your attention and God is saying to you "that's how I feel about your relationship with me." You're hurt because he/she lied or cheated but you don't REALLY want to leave. God is saying, "I'm hurt because you have other lovers besides me, but I refuse to leave you." Jeremiah 3:14 exposes that God is still "married (committed) to the backslider..."

I wanted to give other examples but I feel like God wants YOU to tap into your emotions and see what He is trying to say to you that you aren't hearing. Just know that WHATEVER you are feeling, God is NOT out of touch or unconcerned! Hebrews 4:15 lets us know that "...we do NOT have a high priest (Jesus) who isn't TOUCHED by our FEELINGS of weakness..."

ANTicipate what God will say to you through your emotions that He had a "problem" communicating with your mind. When He speaks, PLEASE share so I know I'm not crazy! lol

6 comments:

  1. Melissa says:

    Amen & amen! Very insightful. Blessings to u!

  1. april-joi norman says:

    Absolutely well-written! You have great points and amazing insight. Thank you for that and I pray you find "rest" in your time of restlessness.

  1. Kendra says:

    So on point. Thanks Anthony...you are NOT crazy at all!!!

  1. Anonymous says:

    I loved this! I will have to go and do some deep reflection now.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Wow! Food for thought!

  1. Anthony says:

    Thanks for your encouraging words everyone! They are LIFE to me! God bless you all!