I QUIT MY JOB TODAY!

Posted: Thursday, October 7, 2010 by Anthony in
6

I've been working so hard for the last few days that I haven't had much time for anything else. I haven't talked on the phone (unless it was business), responded to emails, updated my facebook status, or even tweeted but a few little pitiful thoughts. To top it all off, I haven't been sleeping which has left me irritable and moody. I definitely didn't feel like blogging, because I only had ONE thing on my mind: WORKING! Despite all of this hard work, which supposedly pays off, there was still this great sense of worry inside me that I haven't been able to shake. I woke up this morning with the absence of peace, which is always my indicator that God (my peace) is not near. Fortunately, I've been here many times before and I know EXACTLY what to do! I'm quitting my job!

The truth is I have NEVER achieved anything by working hard. Every major blessing in my life was a direct result of HIS hard work. When I work, God rests, but when I rest in Him, He goes to work! It's so hard to walk this truth out sometimes but I have seen it work repeatedly. It started when I first discovered my adoption into God's family. It took a lot of work to redeem my soul and allow my filthy life to be viewed as perfect so I can have access to the Father. Yet, I did NOTHING to accomplish that fete. Jesus did ALL of the work and I simply rest in Him.  My salvation was not a result of my work. Otherwise I'd boast about myself instead of Him (Ephesians 2:8-9)!

Every now and then I get into this "work mode" and I forget about how faithful God has been to move on my behalf when I spend that energy on Him instead. Hebrews 4:10-11 says, "anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own works...so, let us labor to enter His rest." The implication is that if we are going to exert lots of energy (labor), we should only work THAT hard at NOT working hard! <<< READ THAT THREE TIMES!!! In Matthew 6:25-34, Jesus instructed us not to worry about working so hard because God takes care of less important creatures despite their lack of jobs. Then He asks, "Which of you can add one hour to his life or one inch to his height?" Since we are powerless to control the results of our hard labor, He suggests that we spend that energy seeking God and allowing Him to simply GIVE us what we need.

If it was actually our HARD WORK and INTELLECT that got us anything, then we would have EVERYTHING! If YOU had that much control over your life then you would have achieved much more by now. People who boast about what they have accomplished are ignorant to how much God has been behind the scenes arranging things on their behalf.

I'm a self-employed future multi-millionaire (possibly billions) who dropped out of school, earned a GED, but discovered the secret of resting in God. I've lived in multi-million dollar properties and driven luxury vehicles. Every company I own right now is flourishing and I'm starting one that will make all the others look like peanuts. EVERY major blessing in my life happened when I STOPPED working for it and redirected that energy towards God. There is no limit to my success when I pray, worship, sing to Him, and do WHATEVER it takes to get into His rest! Most people rest in their bedrooms and don't allow just anyone to lay in their bed. You can have access to any part of my house but laying on my bed (the place where I rest) is rather intimate. Hebrews 4:11 says that we should labor (do whatever it takes) to enter into His rest. I'm not satisfied with just being in His yard, living room, or den. I want to be so close to God that I can get inside His bedroom and share His rest. Therein is intimacy and solace.

Today, I ANTicipate resting in His love for me and His ability to provide for me. I have a lot to do but I'll only work REALLY hard at being close to Him. He'll just have to take care of the rest!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous says:

    "I'm resting, on His promise"....amOn amOn, that was well said and gives me sumthin to think about!
    ~Jeannie (iJREAM)

  1. Wow that is an awesome word Ant. I really needed that. Thanks for sharing.
    -Monica Hawthorne-Akerele (Love ya!)

  1. Ree says:

    This is why you consistantly reap increase, overflow and more than enough in your life. You never forget to remember where ALL your blessings come from. Continued prosperity to you!

  1. Anthony says:

    @Jeannie Indeed!!! Continue to rest in Him!

    @Monica Thanks sis! Love ya more!

    @Ree Right back at you dear!

  1. Unknown says:

    May God continue to bless you. May He use you to reach the masses and please continue to seek His face and grow your businesses beyond what you could ever dream. And keep blogging!

  1. Unknown says:

    May God continue to bless you. May He use you to reach the masses and please continue to seek His face and grow your businesses beyond what you could ever dream. And keep blogging!