THREE Anthonys, ONE Strip Club

Posted: Friday, October 8, 2010 by Anthony in
2

I'm going out of town this weekend and the first thing I want to do to is hit the strip club! However, I don't think I'm going to do it because I can't get my whole being to agree. I believe that everyone is made of three components: spirit, mind (soul), & body. My body is the only one that really wants to go. My mind knows it's a waste of money and my spirit has been reborn so he REALLY doesn't want me to go. As I evolve into the man that God designed for me to be I'm trying to keep "all three Anthonys" on the same page. It's not that I believe in some angry and emotional God that's ready to kill me for every little thing I do wrong. If that were the case, I wouldn't have lived pass 2 years old. My issue is that when I'm led by other parts of my being besides my spirit (which in now controlled by God's Spirit), I get in TROUBLE!

God had a strong intention when He created me: for me to keep things in order and perspective. I am NOT my body, but I am a spirit who possesses a mind that lives in a body. These muscles and this penis in NOT Anthony. This mind, that controls these emotions and these thoughts, is NOT me either. God's design was for my body to be the vehicle, my mind to be the engine, but my spirit to be the driver! How ridiculous would it look for someone to walk around with a car (vehicle) on their back; and how painful and laborious would that be? Yet, we do this ALL the time. Instead of driving the vehicle, we let it drive us! I can't tell you how many times I almost wrecked my life when my spirit said no but I listened to my mind/emotions or my body that were saying yes. Likewise, I can't tell you how many times my spirit said do something that seemed crazy to my mind or body but yielded GREAT results!

The mind in scripture is often interchangeable with the soul which houses our intellect, emotions, etc. It has its issues but ultimately can be renewed if given the right information. Our bodies (flesh) can/will never change! Until we die we will always be hungry, sleepy, thirsty, horny (I hope), and so on. I don't care how well you know God or what position you hold in a church (even a Bishop), you will always have evil desires. Paul declares in Romans 7:18, "in my flesh, is NO good thing."

My only hope for victory over bad decisions is praying and following my spirit instead of my mind/emotions, or body. EVERY TIME I get things out of order and act out of emotion or carnal desire a serious mess is created. I'm learning to respond less in emotions like anger, hurt, or even happiness. These are all temporary states that can't be trusted. I'm also trying really hard to respond less to my body's desire for sex, unhealthy food, alcohol, etc. All of these responses lead to the death of relationships, finances, health and joy. Responding to the promptings of our spirit, led by His spirit, will lead to life and prosperity of  relationships, finances, health and joy (Galatians 6:8).

I ANTicipate missing out on Big Bouncing Booties this weekend as I spend time trying to make more quality decisions in life.

2 comments:

  1. Pervis says:

    Another good one Ant...We are spirits that possess souls, which lives in our bodies.. Tell it friend, tell it...

  1. Anthony says:

    Trying to keep things in order! Let's keep praying for each other!